There was a point in time where buying cryptocurrencies was difficult, and investors had to buy crypto through crypto they already owned or had mined previously.
Today, buying Bitcoin with a credit card is a straightforward process that anyone can understand and complete in a matter of seconds.
What this means is that as long as you have a credit card from a company that’s supported on the exchange you will end up using, the opportunity will be unlocked for you to complete your purchase.
Summary for Fast Readers
- Buying Bitcoin with a credit card is extremely easy to do and requires only a few minutes.
- A lot of exchanges support credit card purchases, but the best ones are DXOne, Coinbase and Kraken.
- Buying Bitcoin with a credit card will typically have a fee associated with it, but it is one of the most convenient methods.
- This is typically one of the quickest methods through which you can buy Bitcoin, assuming you do not already own any cryptocurrencies to use instead.
- Note that the safest way for you to store your BTC tokens is in a private Bitcoin wallet through which you have full control over.
Buy Bitcoins with Credit Card at these Exchanges
DXOne is one of the latest cryptocurrency exchanges on this list and provides you with a simple way through which you can buy Bitcoin using a credit card. DXOne is a recommended option for beginners.
Step 1: Create an account on DXOne.
Step 2: create the Buy Order by navigating to the “Buy Crypto” tab.
Step 3: Set the specifics of the order and enter all of the required information.
Step 4: Go forward with the payment process, where you will arrive at the credit card screen, where you can use Visa or MasterCard. Once you complete this, you will successfully add Bitcoin to your cryptocurrency wallet.
Coinbase is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges on a global scale and also lets you buy Bitcoin with a credit card. Let’s go over how it’s done.
- Step 1: Create an account and navigate to the Payment Methods Page. To do this, click on the Get Started button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Click on Add a Credit/Debit Card at the top of the page, and enter your card information, and if required, enter a billing address for the card.
To do this, first, navigate to the settings tab on your profile.
Next, navigate to the Payment Methods tab and open up the new tab by clicking on Add a Payment Method.
Here, you can select your Credit or Debit Card.
- Step 3: Buy Bitcoin through the usage of the Buy/Sell Digital Currency Page at any point in time.
Click on your Portfolio, followed by Assets, where you can find US Dollars or any other currency that you want to use.
Go to the deposit tab, and enter the amount of that currency that you want to deposit.
Trade your currency for Bitcoin by going to the Buy tab and clicking on which token you want to buy as well as the amount.
Click on Preview Buy, after which you can confirm the transaction fully.
Kraken will also let you buy Bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies with a credit card, so let’s go over how all of that works.
- Step 1: Create an account with Kraken.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Buy Crypto tab at the top of the page.
- Step 3: Select a payment method and click on the Add a Card Option on the page, after which you can click on continue once you have inputted all of the required information correctly.
- Step 4: Once your card has been validated, you will be able to select it at any time while at the Buy page through using the Pay with Options, where your card will be listed.
Buy Bitcoins with Credit Card in 4 Steps
If you’re curious as to exactly how this process works universally across almost every exchange out there, here is what you need to know.
- Step 1: Register at a Crypto Exchange: It doesn’t really matter which exchange you pick; all of the centralized exchange options will require you to register an account. Here, you will need to provide basic information, such as your email address, password, and location, typically in the form of the country or zip code.
- Step 2: Verify your Account with KYC: To unlock many of the features available on cryptocurrency exchanges, you will need to complete the Know-Your-Customer (KYC) procedure. Here, you will need to verify your identity by providing a valid ID or driver’s license and proof of your address in the form of a utility bill, for example. In some cases, you might be required to submit additional documents, such as an image of yourself, but this varies between exchanges.
- Step 3: Connect your Credit Card: Assuming you completed the previous two steps, you will now need to connect your Credit Card. A majority of the cryptocurrency exchanges you will end up using will typically support Visa or MasterCard, although some options might offer you the opportunity to use other credit cards, such as American Express; this is dependent on the exchange you are using. Once you have connected your credit card, you will need to enter how much you would like to deposit on the exchange and confirm the transaction.
- Step 4: Buy Bitcoin (or another Cryptocurrency): Once you have successfully funded your account, you will now need to conduct the Bitcoin (BTC) purchase process. To do this, either navigate to the search bar on the exchange of your choosing and type in “BTC” to search up the token directly or navigate to their token’s tab or listings where you can find Bitcoin (BTC) directly. Once you find the token, simply click on “Buy” and enter how much worth of BTC you want to buy in the currency you have deposited. So, for example, if you want to buy $50 worth of BTC, you would enter that amount and submit it.
Best and Easiest Way to Buy Bitcoin with Credit Card
DXOne offers you the best opportunity to buy Bitcoin through the usage of a credit card.
DXOne is a cryptocurrency exchange that supports Credit Card deposits and has some of the most competitive fees on the market. It also has some of the lowest fees, starting at 0.4% in terms of taker fee and 0.4% in terms of maker fee, which decrease depending on the volume you have. If you hold DX1U tokens, which are native to the exchange, you get a 50% discount on these fees, which is why it is recommended as one of the best options.
FAQ’s About Buying Bitcoins with Credit Card
Where Can I Buy Bitcoins with a Credit Card?
You can buy Bitcoins at just about any cryptocurrency exchange which supports credit cards as a payment method, but we recommend using DXOne, Coinbase, or Kraken.
How High Are the Fees When Buying Bitcoins with a Credit Card?
This will be dependent on the exchange you are using, as each of them has different fees. They are typically high, ranging from 3% to 3.75%, 3.99%, or even higher at times.
How Do I Buy Bitcoins with a Credit Card Without ID?
You will need to find a cryptocurrency brokerage that does not require you to complete the Know-Your-Customer (KYC) verification process. Keep in mind that most of the time, these are unregulated exchanges, so be cautious and do this at your own risk.
How Long Does It Take to Buy Bitcoin with a Credit Card?
This will depend on multiple factors, such as the exchange and the card used, but ranges from instantaneous to up to 5 minutes.
Can You Use a Credit Card at Bitcoin ATMs?
Most Bitcoin ATMs only support cash as payment for Bitcoin due to chargeback issues, so you will not be able to pay through the usage of a Credit Card at a Bitcoin ATM.
Hopefully, now you know everything there is to know about buying Bitcoin with a credit card. There was a point in time when this payment method wasn’t as common or as simple to complete, but luckily for all of us, today’s centralized exchanges provide us with a high level of convenience in this aspect.
While almost every exchange will require you to complete a KYC verification process, some will have different levels in terms of how many documents you will need to submit, so make sure to always double-check that as well.
Make sure to always do a lot of research on the exchange you will use to buy Bitcoin with a credit card and do not irresponsibly enter your credit card on just about any exchange that claims they have the lowest fees, ensure that they are regulated and reputable.